Canada ranks 3rd as the world’s most popular study destination for international students. A Canadian degree is almost equal to a degree from the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom. A 2016 study also reported that the list of the top 50 universities included Canadian universities—true evidence of a world-class education.

The tuition fees in Canadian universities are a lot lower compared to those universities in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Housing and cost of living allowance are also lower, compared to other countries. Canadian universities offer three levels of degree: bachelor’s usually lasting four years, master’s a year or two, and doctorate usually an additional three years.


  • Fall: The Fall intake starts in September.
  • Winter: Starts in January, it’s best if you miss the September intake.
  • Summer: Available for limited programs and colleges, the Summer intake usually starts around April and May.

Depending on your work permit, Canada may allow you to work. Studying while working will enable you to fend for yourself while living independently. While you must supply sufficient evidence that you can pay for your tuition and living expenses before you arrive in Canada, there are several opportunities for you and your spouse/common-law partner to work while you study in Canada. Students can work for up to 20 hours per week, and full-time during scheduled breaks.

If you graduated from a school that offers a post-graduation work permit, you can apply for a post-study work permit usually between 1-3 years depending on
the duration of your graduate program.

how can we help you?

Contact us at the CTH Money office nearest to you or submit an inquiry online.

It's Time To Take The Next Step